14/09/2012

Psychologist - Comes in Waves


I found this via Vaughan Bell's post on the blog 'Mind Hacks'. Psychologist is an instrumental dubstep fusion maestro...apparently. But what makes this relevant, I hear you cry. Well, other than being a really beautiful and confusing video, in a recent interview Psychologist gave a lovely answer to questioning on the reason behind his name.


What’s behind the name?
Literally, Psychologist means ‘one who studies the soul’, we think of it as a scary word in our harsh-sounding, Germanic language, but it actually means something really beautiful. I also like that it is ambiguous as to whether it’s me studying my own soul, or yours, or you studying my soul, or me asking you to study your own. It’s like a big impossible object that goes around and around.

Credit to I-D magazine, and Mind Hacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment